|| 20-21 Jan 2018 || – Wild Rangers Night trek to the Everest of Maharashtra – Mount Kalsubai
Kalsubai – the highest peak of Maharashtra is the most common trek in the wish list of trekkers. Monsoon and Kalsubai is the most perfect combination which has been experienced by many. Now its time to experience the climb to Everest of Maharashtra under the star studded sky as the pinnacle calls you to witness the sunrise. As you reach the top witness the sunrise feeling the soothing winds with a panaromic view of the Sahaydri Range from the highest peak of Maharashtra !!
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Kalsubai temple is located at the top most peak of Sahyadri mountain range of Maharashtra. To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara.
The main route to the temple is at small climbing slope. It usually takes three hours to reach the top from Bari. Soon after leaving Bari, a small stream is crossed followed soon after by a Hanuman temple. The route from behind this temple takes the hiker straight to the summit. There are three iron ladders along this route. There is a well near the last iron ladder as one approaches the top but the water is not potable during the summer. The rest of the route is without water, so it is best to fill water bottles in Bari. It is an easy hike, but parts of it are quite steep in places. The vastly spread out backwaters of Bhandardara attracts ones attention from the top.
To the north of the mountain range forts such as Ramsej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, Kavnai can be seen. To the east one can spot Aundha, Vishramgad, Bitangad, to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar, Harishchandragad can be seen. (Source-WiKi)
- Private Transport Kasara to Kasara
- 1 Dinner and 1 Breakfast
- First Aid
- Wild Rangers administrative charges
- To & Fro Mumbai / Pune to Kasara
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
Saturday, 20 Jan 2018
- 19:18 hrs Gather at Kasara and leave for Bari Gaon via local transport
- Train details: Board the CST – Kasara Fast Local -04:52 pm Mumbai CST|05:06 pm Dadar|05:17 pm Ghatkopar|05:32 pm Thane|06:08 pm Kalyan|07:18 pm Kasara
- 21.30 hrs Reach base village, enjoy dinner
- 23.00 hrs Start the night trek to Kalsubai peak under twinking stars
Sunday,21 Jan 2018- Conquer Highest Peak of Maharashtra
- 02:00 hrs Reach the top and rest, explore peak after witnessing a glorious sunrise!
- 07:30 hrs Post Breakfast , Start descend towards base village
- 10:30 hrs Reach base village and start journey back to Kasara
- 12:30 hrs Reach Kasara station and proceed towards Mumbai
- 15:30 hrs Reach Mumbai
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
- Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
- Sleeping bag/ Bedding
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
- A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
- Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825
- Mayur (Pune) :- 8080304123