|| 25-26 March 2017 || Wild Rangers Jungle Trek To Vasota & Lakeside Camping
A trek surrounded by dense Forest with a lush green view trailing right from the Koyna back water, Vasota offers a combination of adventure trek & lakeside camping which every trekker should experience once. For nature & wildlife Lovers Vasota will be an eye feasting with it’s vivid wildlife. Cherish the memories of the trek besides the lake with campfire & serene music. A perfect combination of Wild & Green adventure.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Vasota is also known as Vyaghragad (fortress of the Tiger). Vasota fort lies within the Koyna sanctuary (total area 423 sq km), and you need a special permit from the Forest office at Bamnoli to get in. The forest at the base of Vasota can be reached only by hiring a boat from Bamnoli and crossing the Koyna lake (1.5 hours). There is no regular boat service. The boat drops you at Met-Indavli, which is a usually uninhabited forest camp, and returns to Bamnoli immediately. A 2-hour tough uphill hike through dense pristine forest takes you to the ruined fortress.
There is no potable water at the top, you must carry your own or fill from a stream on the way up. This is a very isolated and remote mountaintop — no human habitation and no shelter. Do not attempt in the rainy season. You can admire the ruined remains of a palace, Shiva temple and gate to Peshwa’s prison on top. Fantastic views of Babu Kada, Old Vasota, Nageshwar Lingis, Koyna Lake, Koyna Forest…and yes, the stars above !!!
– Source Internet
- Traveling from Dadar to Dadar
- Meals during trek (veg)
- Breakfast & Refreshments
- Boat Ride Charges
- Accommodation in tent (sharing basis)
- Jungle Entry Fees & Wild Ranger’s Expertise.
- Anything which is not mentioned above
- Day 2 dinner
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks throughout the trek
Friday, 24 March 2017 Gathering at Dadar
- Gathering Near Pritam hotel at 23.00 Hrs & Leave for base village around 23.20 hrs.
Saturday, 25 March 2017 Conquer The Vasota
- Early morning reach Bamnoli.
- Have breakfast & proceed to Vasota by boat ride through koyna back water.
- Start our tek, reach top of fort & explore the fort & have lunch.
- Start descending to base village.
- Camping and stay at Bamnoli or Kaas lake.
Sunday, 26 March 2017 Tour Conclued with awesome memories
- Morning wakeup call, Enjoy Sunrise.
- Have breakfast & start our return journey to Mumbai.
- Lunch & evening tea will be enroute.
- we will reach Mumbai by 21.00 Hrs (Subjective)
- A Water Bottle (~3 Ltrs)
- Torch with Extra Battery
- Camera, Cell Phone, Mug (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes, Good trekking shoes,
- A haversack to put all these things
- Sleeping bag / bedding.
For Registration one needs to fill up the form below and call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the co-ordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825
Mayur (Pune) :- 8080304123