|| 13 -16 Oct 2017 || Wild Ranger’s Heritage tour to Hampi
The former capital of the Vijayanagara Empire, Hampi
remains an essential religious hub, housing the Virupaksha, Lakshmi Narasimha, Hemakuta Hill, Big Shivlinga and Vithala temples. The architectural ruins of Hampi are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Rock-climbing enthusiasts will adore Hampi, considered the bouldering capital of India, and the city’s rocky landscape, dotted with ancient temple ruins, makes for a unique climbing experience.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeGuided Tours, History, Photography
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
- Hampi (Hampe) is a village and temple town recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, listed as the Group of Monuments at Hampi in northern Karnataka, India. It is located within the ruins of the city of Vijayanagara, the former capital of the Vijayanagara Empire. Predating the city of Vijayanagara, Hampi continues to be an important religious centre, housing the Virupaksha Temple and several other monuments belonging to the old city.
- The city of Vijayanagara was originally encompassed by seven lines of fortifications, which had many bastions and gateways. The seventh & the innermost fortification enclosed the main city and is the best preserved. The extant monuments of Vijayanagara or Hampi can be divided into Religious, Civil & Military buildings. The Jain temples on Hemakuta hill, the two Devi shrines and some other structures in the Virupaksha temple complex predate the Vijayanagara Empire. The earliest amongst them, the Shiva shrines with their stepped pyramidal vimanas or superstructures, date to the early Chalukyan period around ninth-tenth century AD.
- Coracle ride: Coracle, also known as Dongi, is a bowl-shaped boat made of reed, saplings and hide. For one of the most thrilling boat rides complete with whirlpools, high currents and crocodiles, go for a fun filled coracle ride on Tungabhadra river. Riding in a coracle on the Tungabhadra is a thrilling experience.
- Hospet to Humpi Travel & Local Sight seeing charges.
- Accommodation in Home stay or Hotel.
- Saturday’s Lunch & Dinner. Sunday’s Breakfast & Lunch.
- Entree Fees & Coracle ride charges.
- Wild Rangers Expertise Charges
- Travel from Mumbai/Pune to Hospet and return
- Personal expenses
- Meals during bus journey.
- Camera Entry charges if any
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Friday, 13 Oct 2017 - Leave to Hospet by sleeper bus
- Board Sleeper Bus from Mumbai to reach Hospet.
- Bus Booking suggestion.
- VRL Travels – 17:00 Hrs Departing from Borivali.
Rangers can book Bus from their nearest boarding point using Redbus, Goibibo or any bus booking app.
Saturday, 14 Oct 2017 - Explore Ancient Temples
- Reach Hospet and from there leave for Hampi.
- After reaching Hampi check-in to accommodation.
- freshen up and leave for guided local site seeing.
- Visit all temples and other attractions in Hampi.
- Night stay at Hampi in Local Home Stay
Sunday, 15 Oct 2017 - Coracle Ride & Tungbhadra Bank
- Early Morning Wakeup call, Morning breakfast (south Indian breakfast like idly or dosa)
- Reach Tungbhadra & Enjoy Coracle Ride.
- Explore Remaining temples of Hampi and the ruins around the place.
- Start Journey towards Hospet to board the Return bus for Mumbai/Pune.
- Make sure you book your return bus after 08:00 pm
Monday, 16th Oct 2017 - Reach Mumbai/Pune
- Reach your destination with lots of stories to share and sweet memories to cherish until next tour.
- A bottle filled with water approx 2 ltrs
- Torch with spare batteries (must)
- Rain cheater (must)
- ID proof (must)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat – ready to share food. Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- Good trekking shoes as per comfort
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, Antibiotics for stomach infection)
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
- Roshan :- +91 9028271859 | +91 8007857825
- Mayur :- +91 8080304123