|| 08-09 April 2017 || – Wild Rangers Tour To Velas, Bankot, Harihareshwar Batch IV
Wild Rangers organises the visit to the Turtle Festival every year.
If we have lucky charm, we might see some hatching of the Turtles… Fingers Crossed… 🙂
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeBeach, Culture, Discovery, Family, Guided Tours, Short Breaks
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Large Group
Velas is a village in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. It is noted as a birthplace of Nana Phadnis.He was sachiva- a secretary in Peshawai in Pune. It is also famous for its beaches and turtle festival which is held by the local people of Velas and Sahyadri Nisarg Mitra, Chiploon.
This year Velas Turtle festival will be starting from 15 Mar onwards, this tour is for experiencing the beauty of Konkan beaches with few hidden spots & yummy Konkani food.
This was the first residency of the British Raj in Southern Konkan. Although a very beautiful fort dotting the coastline of the Konkan strip, the fort of Himmatgad, now popularly known as Bankot (from the name of nearby village) is not a destination thronged by the tourists. There are couple of reasons attributable to its secluded status. One is that there is very little awareness and historical significance associated with Bankot and other is absence of any major township in the nearby areas contributing to lack of quality accommodation facilities. However, there is no denying that Bankot is a very beautiful fort and surely worth a visit.
One of the finest sea shores in India, Harihareshwar is a nice tourist destination located in the Konkan coast in Maharashtra. Harihareshwar is renowned for its tranquility and picturesque beach. Harihareshwar is also known as Dakshin Kashi by virtue of its importance in the spiritual arena of India, especially with an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Harihareshwar, as the name suggest is an abode of Lord Shiva.
- 2 Breakfast 2 lunch and 1 dinner
- Entry fees wherever required
- Overnight homestay
- Private Travel from Pune/Mumbai
- Anything which is not mentioned above
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature
- Mumbai: Gathering at Dadar railway station Near Pritam Hotel at 23.00 Hrs
- Pune: gathering at Aundh Near Fire Brigade – Bramin mantri chawk at 22.00 Hrs
- Early Morning Reach Velas, Get Refresh and visit Velas Beach for turtle festival.
- Have Breakfast and proceed to bankot fort & Explore.
- Have Lunch at Velas & take rest for some time.
- Evening proceed to Velas beach to enjoy Sunset & have fun games.
- Retire for day followed by Dinner.
- Early Morning Wakeup call, Visit Velas Beach again to witness turtle hatching.
- Have Breakfast & proceed to Harihareshwar.
- Visit Harihareshwar Beach & Temple.
- Start our return journey to Mumbai/Pune by 12.30 Hrs, lunch will be on the way.
Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
Extra Pair of clothes,
extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825