|| 08-09 July 2017 || Wild Rangers Monsoon trek to Sudhagad and Ballaleshwar Temple
Strap your shoes and head to the beautiful western Ghats for a good and eventful weekend with nature! This weekend it’s Sudhagad trek in Pali!! The wide spread rich green plateau atop, surrounded by steep cliffs. Sudhagad is a must see for all those who love nature with just a tinge of history dabbled over it!! As you return back seek blessing from Lord Ganesha in a Ganpati Mandir in Pali, renowed as one of the eight Ganpati Mandirs popularly known as Astavinayak. Conclude the day with fun filled memories
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Fort Height: 2030 ft.
Type: Hill Fort
Grade: Easy (Best For Beginner Trekker)
The ‘Thanale’ excavations in this area are nearly 2200 years old. This shows that Sudhagad may be that much ancient. The construction and the geographical significance indicate that some great rulers might have constructed the fort. According to the Puranas, Sage ‘Bhrugu’ had stayed here and he had established the temple of Goddess ‘Bhorai’ on this fort. Sudhagad was included in ‘Swarajya’ in 1648. Previously its named as Bhorapgad, Shivaji Maharaj renamed this fort to Sudhagad.
The only fort which was considered before Raigad for establishing as the capital of Shiv Swarajya, Sudhagad is a gigantic fort with a huge plateau atop. Tactfully fortified this was one was one of the mightiest and inaccessible fort of that time. A well built temple of Bhoraidevi is the only place for shelter atop. There is deepmal in front of the temple. Few remnants of Tulsi Vrundawan lay in the vicinity.The main attraction on this fort is the Mahadarwaja at Dhomse side which is an exact replica of the Mahadarwaja at Raigad, and still is in good shape.
- Travelling from Private vehicle from Dadar to Dadar
- Breakfast and refreshments
- FIRST AID
- Wild Rangers Administrative and Expertise charges
- Lunch during trek shall be carried by individuals
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Expenses of Personal Nature
Saturday,08-July-2017- Gathering at Dadar Rly Stn Near Pritam Hotel by 23.30
Gathering at Dadar Railways station (Near Pritam Hotel) at 23:30 Hrs
Sunday,09-July 2017- Proceed to Sudhagad
00:00 Hrs Start Journey towards Pali all geared up to enjoy the road trip.
- We shall reach the base village at early dawn. Participants can rest in the bus till the sun rays are out (around 06:00 Hrs).
- Get ready, and have breakfast around 07:00 Hrs.
- Start our ascend towards the top after breakfast. (around 3 to 4 Hrs trek)
- Explore the fort
- Have and share lunch at the top (packed lunch which everyone has carried)
- Reach the base by evening (17:00 Hrs subjective) and have refreshments
- If time permits we shall visit the Pali Temple.
- Start the fun journey again towards Dadar.
- We will reach Dadar around 22:00 Hrs (subjective)
- Group breaks with memories
- A Water Bottle (~2.5 Ltrs),Torch With Extra Battery
- Lunch for the day (Required)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Mug (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat And ready to share food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes, Good trekking shoes,
- A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to fill up the form below and call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mentioned in below contact details, and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan :- +91 9028271859 | +91 8007857825
Mayur :- +91 8080304123