|| 09-10 Sept 2017 || Wild Rangers Trek to Ratangad (Jewel Fort)
Ratangad, an old fort, belonging to the great Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, is a big attraction for trekkers because of the adventure and the thrill to reach the fort. The route to the fort is through a dense forest and considerably high mountainous terrain.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Medium Group
Ratangad, an old fort, belonging to the great Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, is a big attraction for trekkers because of the adventure and the thrill to reach the fort. The route to the fort is through a dense forest and considerably high mountainous terrain. The fort is located at 4255 ft above sea and stepping ston is surrounded by the highes prakat of Alang, Madan, Kulang, Ajoba, Katarabai, Kalsubai and Ghanchakkar. From the base village one can see the hole at the top of the mountain called Nedhe (marathi translation ‘Eye of the Needle’), the pinnacle called ‘Kutha’ on the right and the caves on the left end of the mountain which can be seen only with the help of binoculars.
As the name speaks, Ratanad is described as “Jewel Fort of Sahayadri”. It gets the name as it is origin for the river “Amrutvahini”. Located in the district of Ahmednagar, it stands tall to 4255 feet above mean sea level. The fort is about 2000 years old and is situated at banks of Bhandardara lake.
The main attraction of this fort is “Amurteshwar temple” which falls into “Hemadpant Era” (way back to eighth century ). It truly defines the ancient sculpture of our great ancestors due to it’s carving.
- Private Transport
- Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea
- First Aid
- Wild Rangers Expertise and Administrative charges
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
Saturday,09 Sept 2017- Leave for Ratanwadi
- Gathering at Dadar Station Near Pritam Hotel at 23.00 Hrs
- Proceed to Bari base village.
Sunday,10 Sept 2017- Conquer & explore Jewel Fort
- Early morning reach Ratanwadi, Get freshen.
- Have Breakfast & Proceed to Ratangad.
- Reach top by 10.30 Hrs, Explore Fort
- Start descending to base village & have lunch.
- Start Return journey by 16.00 Hrs
- We will reach Mumbai by 22:00 Hrs (Subjective)
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs)
- Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
- A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
- Roshan :- 9028271859 | 8007857825
- Mayur :- 8080304123