|| 08 July 2017 || – Wild Rangers Monsoon Trek to the Iron Fort – Lohagad
Rangers – Lets Conquer the Iron Fort of Sahyadri , Lohagad trek is one of fance & easiest trek.This fort is easily accessible for Mumbai & Pune People. Join us on this Dhmal, full of masti trek.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
Lohgad is part of the Western Ghats. It is located to the southwest of the larger Visapur fort. The range divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavana rivers. Lohgad overlooks the Pavana reservoir, located to the south of the mountain. The hill extends to the northwest to a fortified spur, called Vinchukata (Scorpion’s tail) because of its resembling shape. The four large gates of Lohgad are still in good condition and reasonably intact.
During the monsoon, the top of the fort is covered with mist and clouds and becomes particularly wet with growing moss. The roads and trails leading to the hill are quite slippery at this time of the year and precautions are necessary to be taken while venturing the routes.
What to see:
- Ganesh Darwaja
- Narayan Darwaja
- Hanuman Darwaja
- Maha Darwaja
- Vinchu Kata
- Lunch for Day
- Bhaje caves entry fees
- Wild Rangers administrative charges
- FIRST AID
- Train Travel
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
Saturday,08 July 2017- Gathering at Malavali
- Start the journey with Indrayani express, Which is scheduled at 05:40 Hrs from CST which will drop us at Lonavala around 08:00 Hrs.
- From Lonavala we will catch Lonavala-Pune local train to reach Malavali(Platform No -3 at Lonavala).
- Board the Local which drops you at Malavli at 7:45 am to 8:00 am
- Timetable link is here: http://punelocaltraintimetable.com/
- Gathering and Start our Trek from Malavali Station
- Reach base Village of Lohgad & Have Breakfast. Proceed to the fort after breakfast.
- On our descend, visit the famous Bhaje caves & explore the ancient caves.
- 14:00 Hrs (subjective): Have Lunch & start descending to Malavali.
- Catch Pune-Lonavala local train to reach Lonavala.
- Group Breaks.
Participant can catch Intercity/Nagarcoil Express or Take State transport From Lonavala to reach Mumbai/Pune.
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs)
- Xerox of ID proof (Must in waterproof case)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat and ready to share food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
- A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan:- +91 9028271859 | +91 8007857825
Mayur: +91 80 80 30 4123