|| 25 June 2017 || Wild Rangers Monsoon Trek to Fort Tikona
Mind blowing views from atop of Tikona with Lakes on 2 sides and mountains and Valleys on the other. A complete 360 Degree panoramic view. Come join us in witnessing the beauty of Nature.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
Tikona also known as Vitandgad is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. It is located near Kamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest to the fort is called Tikona-Peth or Tokono-Peth. The 3500 ft high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means “triangle”.
The fort is a trekking destination noted for the large doors, the temple of ‘Trimbakeshwar Mahadev’, a water tank and some Satvahan caves. Trek organisers also commend the views of Pawna dam and the nearby forts of Tung, Lohagad and Visapur. There is a lake at the summit.
What to see:
- Big Entrance Door
- Trimbakeshwar temple
- Lake surrounding the fort
- View of Lohgad and Tung
- Transport from Kamshet and return to Kamshet
- Breakfast, Lunch and evening Tea
- Wild Rangers Administrative and expertise charges
- First Aid
- Train Travel
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Any kind of expenses of Personal Nature
Sunday,25 June 2017- Gathering at Kamshet by 09:15 Hrs
- Start the journey with Indrayani express.
- Train Timings: – Indrayani Express
- CST – 5:40 am | Dadar – 5.51 am | Thane – 6.14 am |Kalyan – 6.35 am |Lonavla – 8.00 am
- Move forward to Kamshet by local train (8:15am at Lonavala station platform no 3).
Board the Local Train from Pune, which drops us to Kamshet by 9:00 Hrs
Trek To Tikona
- Have Breakfast & Proceed to base village by Local Transport.
- Have Small Introduction round & start ascending to Tikona Fort.
- Reach top, explore the fort and enjoy the panoramic view.
- Descend to base village & Have lunch at base.
- Start Return journey to Kamshet Rly Stn, Reach Kamshet stn by 16.00 Hrs
- Group breaks.
- Participants can catch Available train to reach Mumabi/Pune.
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs)
- Xerox of ID proof (Must in waterproof case)
- Camera, Cell Phone (at owners risk)
- Wind cheater , rain coat
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat and ready to share food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
- A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan:- +91 9028271859 | +91 8007857825
Mayur: +91 80 80 30 4123