|| 03 Sept 2017 || Wild Rangers Monsoon Trek to Kothaligad (PETH)
Spending your weekend in the city amidst pollution doesn’t seem to be a good idea. Wild rangers has a quick plan for spending your weekend away from the city, with some adventure to spice up your weekend.
Peth, also known as ‘Kothaligad’, is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21Km North East of Karjat. This fort stands tall in the company of various other forts like Rajmachi, Dhak, Siddhagad and Bhimashankar, a witness to our illustrious history.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
History: This fort is small in stature but has vast historical importance. this fort used as an ammunition storage and defense station during Sambhaji Maharaj’s era.This fort is surrounded with other forts like Bhimashankar, Rajmachi, Dhak, Sidhhagad and Prabalgad
What to see on Peth – Kothaligad
- Pinnacle of the Peth fort
- Bhairoba Mandir & Well Sculpted Bhairoba Cave.
- Bastions of the fort.
- From the Fort top we can have glimpse of Bhimashankar, Rajmachi, Dhak and Siddhagad.
- Local Transport from Karjat to Karjat
- Breakfast an evening snacks
- First Aid
- Wild Rangers Expertise and Administrative charges
- All Taxes
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusion
- Lunch for the trek
- Mineral Water & Cold Drinks
- Train travelling to reach Karjat & Back
Sunday, 3 Sep 2017
Gathering Point at Karjat Station @08:30 Hrs
- Mumbai Participants to board CST – Karjat local which drops you at Karjat at 08:00 Hrs
- Pune Participants to board the Sinhagad Express which drops you at Karjat at 08:15 Hrs
Gathering at Karjat station:
- After all participants have gathered, proceed to Base village by local transport
- Reach base village (25 kms) – followed by breakfast at Base village
- Gear up for the trek and start ascending towards the peak
- Lunch (packed) and fort exploration after reaching on top (approx at 12:30 Hrs)
- Start descending after relaxing at the fort for some time
- Reach base village around at 18:00 Hrs
- Refreshments at Base village and start return journey towards Karjat
Group Breaks at Karjat
- Identity Proof (must)
- Torch with Extra Battery (must)
- Water 3 ltr (must)
- Glucose / Tang / Electrol Powder (must)
- Ready to eat food (Biscuits ,Plum cakes etc.)
- Good Trekking shoes.
- Extra Pair of clothes
- Medicines if you are taking any.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Haversack to put all your stuff
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Mayur (Pune) :- 8080304123
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825