|| 15 Aug 2017 || Wild Rangers Independence Day Trek To Kohoj Fort
Ranger’s let us spend a day amidst the beauty of nature near to the city exploring rain washed Kohoj Fort. As you climb the mountain the serene beauty around you, the peaceful environs away from the noisy and polluted city, the chirping birds adding melody to it offers a treat to you. As you reach the plateau a mesmerising view awaits you, right in front of you is the Pajhar Lake , Tansa Lake and various mountains. Witness the unique man shaped pinnacle and explore the fort. Capture memories before you start descending.
Get back to your routine rejuvenated with a new zeal!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Medium Group
Kohoj, a fort which offers you big plateaus, some mesmerising views, with differently shaped pinnacles is located approximately 32 kms from Palghar. Kohoj Fort is in a decrepit state and has remained uninhibited for centuries, accommodating a few temples and water cisterns in its vicinity. This trek is a moderate climb of approx. 3200feetand it takes about two and a half hours to reach the main plateau from the base village Vaghote. The fort is said to be about 800 years old and finds a mention in the purandar treaty along with 22 other forts which were surrendered by Shivajito the Mughals on 11 June 1665.At the bottom of the fort is a lake known as ‘Pazhar’.
A rehabilitatedtemple of Lord Shankar can be seen with two cisterns in front of the temple. To the left of the temple, seven adjoined cisterns are located. One of the cisterns bears clean water. The other two cisterns have been spoiled, the remaining four being clogged. Few remnants in dilapidated state can be seen to the right of the temple. As you ascend further to the right side of the temple up the hill, three large cisterns can be seen on this route, one of which is clogged and the other two contain water. An idol of Lord Hanuman can be seen near these cisterns.
A man-shaped pinnacle created due to wind-erosion is one of the best natural sites on the fort. Different shapes of this pinnacle are evident when viewed from various directions. A temple of Lord Krishna is situated ahead along this route. A glimpse of Tandulwadi fort, Takmak fort, Asheri gad Mahalaxmi pinnacle can be seen from the top of the fort.
- Transport Palghar to base village & back to Palghar.
- Morning breakfast/Refreshments and Lunch
- Wild Rangers Expertise and administrative charges
- First Aid
- Taxes Included
- Personal expenses
- Train ticket to & fro Palghar
- Cold drink and mineral water
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
Gathering at Palghar Railway Station
- 08.00 am: Gather at Palghar Station and Proceed towards the base village.
- Train timing-
- Western Railway : Churchgate 05.24 am|Dadar 05.41 am |Andheri 05.55 am|Virar 06.46 am| Palghar 07.26 am
- Central Railway: Dombivli 05.33 am| Virar 07.03 am| Palghar 07.51 am
- Have breakfast & Start the trek.
- Reach the top plateau to Kohoj Fort and enjoy the view and man shaped pinnacle
- Back to base village Waghote and have lunch
- Start return journey for Mumbai
- Identity card
- 3 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Electrol or Glucon D powder (must)
- Plum cakes & chocolates
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Personal medication (if any)
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan:- 9028271859 | 8007857825