|| 06 May – 07 May 2017 || Wild Rangers Night Trek to Gorakhgad
Summer is intensifying; spending your weekend in the city amidst pollution doesn’t seem to be a good idea. Wild rangers have a quick plan for spending your Saturday night away from the city, with some adventure to spice up your weekend. A night trek to Gorakhgad awaits you!! Gorakhgad fascinates trekkers due to it’s pinnacle, which offer good opportunities for rock-climbing. The trail leading to the caves in Gorakhgad in the form of a winding staircase will give you a experience like you’ve been transported back to history. Enjoy the soothing wind as your rest in the caves and wait for the mesmerising sunrise to the right of the cave and Machindragad pinnacle in front of the caves, with the Deccan Plateau looming in the background. As you ascend towards the pinnacle another rocky patch awaits you before you reach the temple on the top. Experience the magnificent view and thrill as you descend. Take along one of the memorable experience to cherish this weekend !!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Gorakhgad, located near Murbad taluk in Thane district, is a one-day trek that can easily be done from both Mumbai and Pune. It is one of the twin pinnacles, Machindragad and Gorakhgad. Gorakhgad had strategic importance during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji’s era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his “Sadhana” in this place. The path to the top of the fort plateaus out twice before reaching the cave. The final climb to the pinnacle involves a steep rock patch that leads to a small temple. As we reach the top we get a view of Ahupe region of Bhimashankar forest, Siddhagad and Macchindragad. Gorakhgad and Macchindragad are joined by a common ridge. The top of the rock passes through a bit tough route. Though not a technical climb, it has high exposure.
- Travel expense from Kalyan to base village and back to Kalyan
- Sunday’s breakfast
- Sunday’s Lunch (At base village)
- Wild Rangers Expertise.
- Travel expense upto Kalyan
- Any sort of personal expense.
- Mineral water.
- Anything which is not included
Day 01, Saturday. Gather at Kalyan Station
- Gathering at Kalyan St depot around 21:30 Hrs
- Proceed to Dehri base village by state transport.
Day 02, Sunday. Ascend Gorakhgad
- 00:15 : Reach base Village
- 00.30 : Begin our trek to Gorakhgad with short introduction round.
- 04.00 : Reach Gorakhgad caves & Have Rest.
- 06.30 : Enjoy the Sunrise.
- 07.00 : Proceed to Gorakhgad Top of Pinnacle and then descend to caves.
- 09.30 : Have Breakfast & start descending to base village.
- 13.30 : Have Lunch at base village and start our return journey to Kalyan.
- 17.30 : Back to Kalyan (Subjective)
- Identity card
- 3 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Bedding for night
- Electrol or Glucon D powder (must)
- Plum cakes & chocolates
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Sunscreen, Hand sanitizer
- Torch (must)
- Mosquito repellant
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Personal medication (if any)