|| 30 Sept- 02 Oct 2018 || Wild Rangers Range Trek Ratangad To Harishchandra Gad
Lets Gear up for awaited Range trek to mighty sahyadri. A well known jewel fort “Ratangad” ascend via Tryambak Darvaja. Crossing Katrabai pass, kumshet, Mula River, camping besides a waterfall and visiting historical Harishchandragad. join us for this endurance range walk and rejuvenate yourself ranger way.
Be a Ranger ! Go Wild !! Go Green !!!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called ‘Nedhe’ or ‘Eye of the Needle’. The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. It also has many wells on the top. Ratangad was captured by Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle. The base village Ratanwadi has an Amruteshwar temple which is famous for its carvings. The fort is origin for the river Pravara/Amrutvahini. The Bhandardara dam (arthar dam) is built on this river.
Katrabai pass is passage between Ratangad and Harishchandragad. From here we can spot an excellent 360° Panoramic view of the surroundings.
About Harishchandra gad
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. In these caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya. Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
- Private Transport Kasara to Samraj & Pachnai to Kasara
- Breakfast / lunch and Dinner (Veg Meals ) During Trek
- accommodation in Tents (sharing basis)
- Wild Rangers administrative charges
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature
sunday,30 Sept 2018- Gathering at Kasara Railway Station
- Start the journey with Local to kasara. Which schedule at 22:50 Hrs from CST which will drop us to Kasara around 01.20Hrs
- Depart to Base Village
- Reach at Base Village arround 04:30 am
- Post Breakfast Start Trek Via Sandhan Valley Route which is known as valley of shadows
- Ascend Ratangad via Tryambak Darvaja
- Reach Ratangad.Explore the fort & Start Descending (lunch in between)
- Cross Katrabai pass and Reach Kumshet
- Retire for the day
01 oct 2018 Head To Harishchandra Gad
- Early morning wake up call.
- Post Breakfast start our trail to Harishchandragad
- Reach Pachnai (lunch here)
- Post Lunch Start Ascending
- set our campsite in between and retire for the day
02 oct 2018 proceed to Harishchandragad
- Morning Call
- Post Breakfast proceed to harishchandragad
- Explore the Beauty Of the fort
- Reach Pachnai, Post lunch transfer to Kasara by pvt. Vehicle
- Reach Kasara (Group Breaks here)
- Identification Proof
- Torch (with extra batteries)
- Water Bottle (2 Lt)
- Spare set of clothes
- Shoes and torch are mandatory
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Ready to eat Food
- sleeping Bags/ Mats
- Camera at owners risk.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
- Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825