|| 28-29 Oct 2017 || Wild Rangers Camping at Harishchandra Gad
Back to the history with an easy hike, mesmerizing views, peaceful moments, village cooked food, tents, sky, stars, bonfires, stories, cozy Morning at Maharashtra’s second highest peak & breathtaking view of mighty Konkan kada where she pulls the blanket of floating clouds during those blue hours. Rangers let’s gear up for another camping weekend on Maharashtra’s one of the ancient holy place with a historical background.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Small Group
About Harishchandra gad
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana, and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. In these caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya. Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
- Private Transport Kasara to harishchandragad base & back to Kasara
- 2 lunch,1 Dinner,1 Breakfast
- accommodation in Tents (sharing basis)
- First aid
- Wild Rangers administrative charges
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature
Saturday,28th Oct 2017- Gathering at Kasara Railway Station
Start Your journey with Local to Kasara. Which schedule at 8:36 Hrs from CST which will drop us to Kasara around 10:46 Hrs.
CST :08:36 Hrs |Dadar 08:49 Hrs |Kurla 08:46Hrs|Ghatkopar 09:00 Hrs | Mulund 09:12 Hrs |Thane 09:16 Hrs |Dombiwali 09:28 Hrs | |Kalyan 09:36 Hrs |Titwala 09:50 Hrs |Asangao 10:10 Hrs |Kasara 10:46 Hrs.
- 10:50 Hrs Gathering at Kasara Railway Station
- Proceed To Base Village
- Reach Base Village/ Freshen up/ Lunch/Gear up For Harishchandragad
- 15:30 Start ascending to Harishchandragad
- 17:30 Reach Konkankada and enjoy beautiful Sunset
- Tent allocation / bonfire/ dinner/ Games etc
- Retire for the Day
29th Oct 2017. Fort Exploration
- 05:30Early morning wake up call.
- Those who wanna visit Taramati can proceed
- cozy Morning at Konkankada
- 08:30 Breakfast
- Post breakfast start descending
- visit places on the fort
- cleaning drive execution during descending to base village
- 13:00 Reach Base Village
- Freshen up & have Lunch
- Post Lunch leave for Kasara
- Reach kasara & group Breaks Here
- Identification Proof
- Water Bottle (2 Lt)
- Spare set of clothes
- Shoes and torch are mandatory
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Ready to eat Food
- sleeping Bags/ Mats
- Camera at owners risk.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
- Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825
- Mayur (Pune) :- 8080304123