|| 28-29 April 2018 || – Wild Rangers Tour To Velas, Bankot, Harihareshwar B-8
Its Turtle festival time !! Its VELAS time !!
Like every year Wild Rangers has planned two day eco-trip in multiple batches, where toddlers to elders can join for a remarkable weekend gateway. We get to greet the tiny turtles as they peep out to the light, witness them march towards the sea flaunting their tiny flippers, leaving a beautiful trail of their first journey!! Enjoy some beautiful views from the first residency of the British Raj in Southern Konkan the “Bankot fort”. Watch the sun immersing itself into the sea as you soak in the mesmerising view siting on the black sand beach. Sail through a jetty to reach the renowned Harihareshwar temple. Experience this during the trip as you return to relax at warm home stays and relish the local cuisine.
Group Discounts Available On Group Bookings
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
- Velas Turtle Festival
Velas is a village in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. It is noted as a birthplace of Nana Phadnis. He was sachiva- a secretary in Peshawai in Pune. It is also renowned for its beaches and turtle festival which is conducted in collaboration of the localities of Velas and a NGO named Sahyadri Nisarg Mitra, Chiploon.
Conservation of the Olive Ridley species was initiated by Sahyadri Nisargmitra and now the Regional Forest Officers (RFO), Velas Grampanchayat and villagers committee has taken the initiative to conserve the endangered species of Olive Ridley Turtles by providing protection to their eggs.
Every year female turtles come along the shore and lays eggs, these eggs are then placed in protected nest and are protected until the tiny turtles peep out of their shells. It is ensured that those tiny creatures start their journey of their life safely.
This year Velas Turtle festival will be starting from the month of March, this tour allows us to experience the beauty of Konkan beaches with few unexplored places & yummy Konkani food.
This was the first residency of the British Raj in Southern Konkan. Although a very beautiful fort dotting the coastline of the Konkan strip, the fort of Himmatgad, now popularly known as Bankot (from the name of nearby village) is not a destination thronged by the tourists. There are couple of reasons attributable to its secluded status. One is that there is very little awareness and historical significance associated with Bankot and other is absence of any major township in the nearby areas contributing to lack of quality accommodation facilities. However, there is no denying that Bankot is a very beautiful fort and surely worth a visit.
One of the finest sea shores in India, Harihareshwar is a nice tourist destination located in the Konkan coast in Maharashtra. Harihareshwar is renowned for its tranquility and picturesque beach. Harihareshwar is also known as Dakshin Kashi by virtue of its importance in the spiritual arena of India, especially with an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Harihareshwar, as the name suggest is an abode of Lord Shiva.
- Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai.
- Konkani Meals – (2 Breakfast, 2 lunch (veg/Nonveg) and 1 dinner)
- Entry fees wherever required
- Overnight home stay.
- Ferryboat Charges & entry tickets
- Wild Rangers Expertise
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature (mineral water, soft drinks etc)
27th April 2018, Friday
- Mumbai: Gathering at Dadar railway station Near Pritam Hotel at 23.00 Hrs
- Pune: gathering at Aundh Near Fire Brigade – Bramin mantri chawk at 22.00 Hrs
28th April 2018, Saturday
- Early Morning Reach Velas.
- Quickly Refresh up and proceed to Velas Beach for turtle festival.
- Witness tiny turtles leaving a beautiful trail as they march towards the sea with their tiny flippers.
- Have Breakfast and proceed to bankot fort.
- Explore the fort and enjoy the panorama view.
- Return to Velas.
- Enjoy the local meal and rest for some time.
- Visit Velas beach in the evening to witness some more turtles & enjoy Sunset.
- Mingle around with your co-travellers, enjoy group games, shares experiences
- Retire for day post Dinner.
29th April 2018, Sunday
- Early Morning Wakeup call, Visit Velas Beach hoping to witness turtle hatching.
- Have Breakfast & proceed to Harihareshwar.
- Enjoy the short Jetty ride enroute Harihareshwar.
- Visit Harihareshwar Beach & Temple.
- Have lunch (veg / non -veg)
- Start our return journey to Mumbai/Pune.
Water Bottle (2 Ltrs),
Camera, Cell Phone, Cap, Sunglasses
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
Extra Pair of clothes,
Extra pair of shoes or floaters (Optional)
A haversack to put all these things
For Registration and more details about payment call us on
Roshan :- 9028271859 | 8007857825