|| 26-28 JAN 2017 || – Wild Rangers TOUR to Konkan – Tarkarli
Malvan – Tarkarli – Scuba Diving – Snorkelling – Dolphin Safari – Sindhudurga Fort – Vijaydurga Fort – Kunkeshwar Temple
Its time to visit the beaches and sea shores..
LIMITED SEATS… So Hurry Up!!!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Tarkarli Beach :
Tarkarli is a narrow stretch of beach with pristine waters, located at the convergence of the Karli River and the Arabian Sea. This place has gained prominence because of its transparently clear seas, where on a fairly sunny day, one can see the sea- bed up to a depth of 20 feet. This beach can be rightly called as ‘Queen Beach’ of Sindhudurg. Sea and sand blending in enchanting natural harmony, gracefully cruising boats in calm and cool river waters add to the beauty of this beach.
Malvan is a town in Sindhudurg District, the southernmost district of Maharashtra. This culturally and historically important town is a Taluka place in Sindhudurg District. Malvan taluka consists of villages Aangnechi wadi, Achra, Khalchi Devli, Jamdul, Juva, Pankhol and Sarjekot. Malvan is wellknown for its historical monument, the Sindhudurg fort, which is beautiful and vast in area. Malwani Folk are very hardworking and helpful. The main occupation here is fishing. The staple diet of Malvani people is fish and rice.It is also known for its variety of mangos (Malvani Hapus – Alphonso). Sweets such as Malvani Khaja (Made from Gram – besan flour and coated jaggery) and Malvani Ladoos are famous across the state.A very important part of Malavni culture is a Malvani Dashavtar, a drama-play based on mythological stories. There are many interesting places to visit in Malvan and this can be noticed with the recent increase in forieng visitors to this region.
Malwan Fort :
The name of this fort is given to Sindhudurg district. Tourists from all over the world visit this great sea fort. Sindhudurg was built with the help of huge rocks, which amazes people, and one appreciates the vision and foresight of “Great Maratha King
Kunkeshwar Temple :
Kunkeshwar Temple, an ancient Shiva Temple is located in Kunkeshwar village, 14 Kms from Devgad town. A pristine beach with a very long stretch of seashore and white sand adds to the beauty of temple surroundings.
Vijaydurga Fort :
The oldest fort on Sindhudurg coast constructed in the regime of Raja Bhoj of shilahar dynasty in 1205 (construction period 1193-1205). The fort was earlier known as “Gheria” as it is situated in the village “Girye. The earlier fort encompassed area of 5 acres and was surrounded by sea on all the 4 sides. Over the years the eastern trench was reclaimed and the road was constructed theron. Presently the area of fort is about 17 acres and is surrounded by Arabian sea on its three sides. (1 acre= 4840 sq yards).
The Architectural marvel:
1) The 200m long, undersea/underland tunnel from the fort to the Dhulap’s palatial house in the village is man-made. The roof of the tunnel has been pinched to protect it from land-slides and it is also well ventilated. Now the tunnel is partially blocked. Using latest technology if this tunnel is cleared it will be a major tourist attraction and will be of great help for architectural students/history lovers.
2) The fencing compound wall constructed at 8-10 m depth undersea, 300ft from the fort is another architectural wonder. The wall constructed with laterite stones is 122 mtr long, 3 mtr high & 7 mtr in breadth. Majority of attacking ships met their watery grave after colliding on this wall as this wall is not visible above the sea level.
1. Private Non AC Bus journey from Panvel to Panvel via Pune.
2. 2 Nights Stay at Tarkarli – Non AC Sharing basis.
3. 5 Meals, Breakfast and refreshments.
4. Boat safari
5. Surface supply Scuba Diving and Snorkelling charges alongwith underwater Video.
6. Entry fees
7. Wild Rangers expertise
- 1. Anything not mentioned above
2. Day 3 evening snacks, dinner not included
3. Mineral Water, Cold Drinks throuthout the trip.
4. Watersports at Devbaug.
25th Jan 2017
Gathering at Panvel at 11.30 PM
26th Jan 2017
Reach Tarkarli late morning.
Post lunch will visit Tarkarli Beach and Devbag beach (Watersports are optional and excluded from the fees)
Enjoy the sunset and Campfire at the beach
27th Jan 2017
Early morning we will start for Dolphin Safari. Followed by Surface suppy Scuba Diving, Snorkeling. Post lunch visit to Sindhudurg Fort.
lie on the white sand Beach @Tarkarli
28th Jan 2017
Checkout from Resort and leave towards Pune, Mumbai.
Enroute visit Kunkeshwar Temple and Vijaydurga Fort
We will reach panvel by 7pm (That is subjective).
A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
Extra Pair of clothes,
extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825