|| 26-27 Jan 2018 || – Wild Rangers Range Trek to Rajgad Torna
This Republic Day relive the History of Maratha Empire with Wild Rangers !!
As we start the trek from Rajgad which is renowned as the “Capital of Swarajya” as well as “King of all Forts”, and descend to Torna, also known as Prachandagad we will sight Sinhgadh and many other forts from these two forts. These forts are surrounded by Jungles, and offer mesmerizing view from top, this exciting range trek is definitely going to challenge your endurance and give some memories forever !!
Let’s celebrate this Republic Day the Ranger way !!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
About Rajgad Fort (Well Known As King Of All Forts)
One of the forts of Maharashtra state in India. Situated in the Pune district, the fort is approximately 4620 feet above sea level. Formerly known as Murumdev, it was capital of the Maratha Kingdom (Hindavi Swarajya) ruled by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved to Raigad fort and made that his capital. Treasure found on adjacent Torna Fort was used to fortify this hill.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4182 feet
Base Village: Gunjavne
This fort is believed to have been constructed by the Shaiva Panth, followers of the Hindu god Shiva, in the 13th century. A Menghai Devi temple, also referred to as the Tornaji temple, is situated near the entrance of the fort. In 1643, Shivaji Maharaj captured this fort at the age of sixteen, thus making it one of the first forts in what would become the Maratha empire. Shivaji renamed the fort Torna, and constructed several monuments and towers within it.In the 18th century, the Mughal empire gained control of this fort after assassination of Shivaji Maharaj’s son Sambhaji. Aurangzeb, then Mughal emperor, renamed this fort Futulgaib, in recognition of the difficult defense the Mughals had to overcome to capture this fort. It was restored to the Maratha confederacy by the Treaty of Purandar.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4603 feet
Grade: Medium (Trek Experience Required)
Base Village: Velhe
- Private transport from Dadar to Dadar
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunch’s and 1 dinner
- First Aid (medical Box)
- Wild Rangers Management and Expertise
- Day 2 Dinner
- No accomodation on top of the Fort (sleeping under the open sky/Temple if available)
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
25 Jan 2018
- For Mumbai: Gathering at Pritam Hotel Dadar by 23.30 hrs
- For Pune: Gathering at Wakad by 01.30 hrs (midnight – shall decide a common gathering and update to all registered participants)
- Travel in Private Vehicle
26th Jan 2018
- Refreshments and breakfast.
- Start the ascend to Rajgad fort.
- Explore the fort
- Enjoy the sunset.
- Enjoy Campfire and some fun with your fellow trek mates
- Retire for the day in the Mandir by 22:00 Hrs
27th Jan 2018
- 05:30 Hrs: Wake up for Refreshment and Breakfast
- 06:00 Hrs: Lead Towards Sanjivani Machi.
- Enjoy the sunrise thereafter start the ridge walk towards Torna Fort.
- Have Lunch (Available locally)
- Explore Torna
- Move Towards Mahadev Mandir post Lunch. If time permit we shall visit Zunzar Machi.
- Start Descending to Velhe Base Village.
- Start Return journey to Pune/Mumbai in private transport.
A Water Bottle (~3.5 Ltrs),
Torch with Extra Battery (Must)
Sleeping Mat / Bag / Woollen Cloths (Must)
Mug, Dish and Spoon (Must)
Lunch for Saturday Afternoon (Must)
Camera, Cell Phone,
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
Extra Pair of clothes,
Good trekking shoes. carry extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825