|| 24 June 2018 || Wild Rangers Monsoon Trek to Fort Tikona
Mind blowing views from atop of Tikona with Lakes on 2 sides and mountains and Valleys on the other. A complete 360 Degree panoramic view. Come join us in witnessing the beauty of Nature.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Large Group
Tikona also known as Vitandgad is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. It is located near Kamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest to the fort is called Tikona-Peth or Tokono-Peth. The 3500 ft high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means “triangle”.
The fort is a trekking destination noted for the large doors, the temple of ‘Trimbakeshwar Mahadev’, a water tank and some Satvahan caves. Trek organisers also commend the views of Pawna dam and the nearby forts of Tung, Lohagad and Visapur. There is a lake at the summit.
What to see:
- Big Entrance Door
- Trimbakeshwar temple
- Lake surrounding the fort
- View of Lohgad and Tung
- Transport from Dadar to Dadar
- Breakfast, Lunch (veg) and evening Tea
- Wild Rangers Administrative and expertise charges
- First Aid
- Train Travel
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Any kind of expenses of Personal Nature
Sunday,24 June 2018- Gathering at Kamshet by 09:15 Hrs
- 06:00 am Gattering at Dadar East (Near Pritam hotel )
- Proceed For Tikona
- Breakfast en-route
- 09:30 am Reach base Village
- Have Small Introduction round & start ascending to Tikona Fort.
- 11:30 am Reach top, explore the fort and enjoy the panoramic view.
- 12:00 pmDescend to base village & Have lunch at base.
- 02:30 pm Start Return journey to Mumbai(Subjective)
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs)
- Xerox of ID proof (Must in waterproof case)
- Camera, Cell Phone (at owners risk)
- Wind cheater , rain coat
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat and ready to share food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually /first aid kit
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
- A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Pallavi Dhanawade
A/C Number: – 911010044825634
IFSC Code: – UTIB0000124
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – Axis Bank, Dadar (East)
Roshan:- +91 9028271859 | +91 8007857825