|| 24-25 March 2018 || Wild Rangers Bike Ride to Velas Turtle Festival, Bankot fort ,Harihareshwar
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Velas Turtle Festival
Velas is a village in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. It is noted as a birthplace of Nana Phadnis. He was sachiva- a secretary in Peshawai in Pune. It is also renowned for its beaches and turtle festival which is conducted in collaboration of the localities of Velas and a NGO named Sahyadri Nisarg Mitra, Chiploon.
Conservation of the Olive Ridley species was initiated by Sahyadri Nisargmitra and now the Regional Forest Officers (RFO), Velas Grampanchayat and villagers committee has taken the initiative to conserve the endangered species of Olive Ridley Turtles by providing protection to their eggs.
Every year female turtles come along the shore and lays eggs, these eggs are then placed in protected nest and are protected until the tiny turtles peep out of their shells. It is ensured that those tiny creatures start their journey of their life safely.
This year Velas Turtle festival will be starting from the month of March, this tour allows us to experience the beauty of Konkan beaches with few unexplored places & yummy Konkani food.
This was the first residency of the British Raj in Southern Konkan. Although a very beautiful fort dotting the coastline of the Konkan strip, the fort of Himmatgad, now popularly known as Bankot (from the name of nearby village) is not a destination thronged by the tourists. There are couple of reasons attributable to its secluded status. One is that there is very little awareness and historical significance associated with Bankot and other is absence of any major township in the nearby areas contributing to lack of quality accommodation facilities. However, there is no denying that Bankot is a very beautiful fort and surely worth a visit.
One of the finest sea shores in India, Harihareshwar is a nice tourist destination located in the Konkan coast in Maharashtra. Harihareshwar is renowned for its tranquility and picturesque beach. Harihareshwar is also known as Dakshin Kashi by virtue of its importance in the spiritual arena of India, especially with an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Harihareshwar, as the name suggest is an abode of Lord Shiva.
- Saturday Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner/ stay (sharing basis in local home)
- Sunday Breakfast / Lunch
- Ferry Boat Charges
- Wild Rangers Administrative Charges
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of personal Expenses at pit stops
Saturday 24march 2018- Gathering at kalamboli MC Donald at 06 AM
- Gathering at Kalamboli Mc. Donald at 06:00 am
- Start Bike Ride via Mum-Goa Highway (NH 17).
- Breakfast on the way
- reporting at Bankot arround 12.00 pm
- 12.30 Proceed for Velas
- 12.40 Reached Velas
- Lunch and have some rest at local stay
- 18.00 hrs Witness ourselves at Velas Beach For Baby Turtles Hatching.
- Back to Village.
Dinner / NIght walk / Retire For the day.
Sunday 25 March 2018- Proceed to Harihareshwar
- Early Morning Wakeup call,
- 06:00 am Visit Velas Beach again to witness turtle hatching.
- Have Breakfast & proceed to Harihareshwar.
- Visit Harihareshwar Beach & Temple.
- 13:30 hrs. Lunch at Harihareshwar
- Start our return journey to Mumbai,
- Identification Proof
- All documents of bikes
- Riding Gears
- Water Bottle (2 Lit)
- Spare set of clothes
- Ready To eat food/ snacks
- Medicine those if you require usually
- Camera at owners risk.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
- Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825
- Mayur (Pune) :- 8080304123