|| 21 July 2019 || Trek To Asherigad
Yet another off-beat trek for the rangers specially for the ones who love to trek in Monsoon in dense Forest, Away from the crowdy trekking destinations.
The trek to Asherigad is filled with lots of greenery and waterfalls all the way. Wonder seeing the series of rock cut steps, and as you rise to the top. Such Beauty. There are bountiful of water tanks at the top. A view of the hills and the valleys will make you churn that explorer in you.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
More about the Asherigad.
Of all the small forts scattered around the palghar region, Asheri can be termed as the “Elder brother” due to its massiveness of it’s size and height. As it covers a huge area the fort looks impressively strong. History mentions that Bhojraj, a descendant of the Shilahar Dynasty built this fort. Hence it can be assumed that this fort is at least 800 years old. The Portuguese rebuilt this fort after they captured it during their rule. In 1737, Peshwa won this fort during his campaign of the Konkan and in 1818 this fort came under the British rule.
- Private Transport Dadar to Dadar
- 1 Breakfast (packed)
- 1 Lunch ( Veg)
- Wild Rangers administrative charges
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
Sunday 21st July2019 Meeting at Gathering point
- Gathering at Dadar Station Near Pritam Hotel for Mumbai Partcipants at 05.30 Hrs
- Proceed to base village.
- Breakfast on the way (packed)
- 09:00 am Reach at base village.
- Start Trek after briefing about the trek.
- 12:30 pm Reach to top and explore the fort
- 01:30 pm Start Descending
- 02:45 pm Reach to the base
- Freshen up and have lunch
- Start our return journey (subjective)
- reach to dadar appx 09 : pm (subjective)
A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Your persnol medicines/ First aid Kit
Extra Pair of clothes,
extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
- Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825