|| 11 August 2018 || Wild Rangers Trek To Mumbai’s Highest Point – Jambhulmal
Want to stay away from the city chaos being in the city itself !! Wild Rangers presents an ideal trail for beginner trekkers and wildlife enthusiasts to Mumbai’s Highest Point “Jambulmal” !!
Witness a panoramic view of your very own city from a peaceful place surrounded by nature – Mumbai’s Highest Point “Jambulmal” Enjoy the hike into the undisturbed parts of mixed deciduous forest to grasp the breath-taking panoramic view of Tulsi, Vihar and Powai lakes. Can’t be a better way to rejuvenate your Sunday with a quick monsoon trek
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Jambulmal’ is considered as the highest point in Mumbai at a staggering height of 468 meters (1535 ft) above sea level. As you walk along the Bamboo Hut trail, cross streams, negotiate rocky hill slopes, and breathe in the beautiful forest vistas as you continue to quench your thirst for a nice invigorating trek. As you reach the highest point, then you have a surreal panorama of the 3 lakes viz. Tulsi, Vihar and Powai in front of you against the back drop of the city. Along the way you will pass through ‘Ashok Van’ – a dense groove of Sita-Ashok (Saraca indica) trees. Make sure you spend some time here in this well shaded and peaceful place. According to the legend of Ramayana, the demon Ravana had also held Sita in captivity in one such similar grooves. The highest point trek is indeed a trekkers delight and that too right within the financial capital of India.
With Nature experts on this trail, one stands to experience and learn much in detail about the wondrous wildlife specifically in the SGNP forest making the trail an enriching experience for any nature lover.
- Tea & Breakfast
- Transportation by vehicle from NIC (National park) to Trail starting point and back
- Forest department trek permissions & trail fees.
- Naturalist Expertise
- Wild Rangers Charges
- SGNP entrance fees
- Lunch for the day. (Lunch to be carried along..)
- Personal Expenses on Cold Drinks & Mineral Water
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusion
Saturday, 11th August 2018
- Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park NIC centre, Borivali at sharp 7.00 am
- Have Breakfast
- Introduction and instructions shall be given
- Move to the start point of the trek via vehicle.
- Start your trek towards Jambhulmal with bird watching, identifying flora and fauna enroute.
- Reach Mumbai’s Highest Point around 1:30 pm
- Enjoy your lunch with amazing view.
- Start the descend and reach Bamboo Hut by 4:30 pm
- Travel back to main gate by bus/taxi
Loud Music played on Portable Bluetooth Speakers/Phones will not be allowed on the trail.
- ID proof (Mandatory)
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
- Lunch to be carried
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- Extra Pair of clothes
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Roshan Sanjay Dalvi
A/C Number: – 026301513209
IFSC Code: –ICIC0000263
Branch: –ICICI Bank Lokhandwala Andheri west
- Roshan :- +91 9028271859 | +91 8007857825