|| 10-11 June 2017 || Wild Rangers Fireflies Special Camping & Trek To Rajmachi
Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfect ambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Summer is the perfect time when we can experience synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature. Rajmachi fort is one of the best place to spend night witnessing this phenomenal beauty. Lets explore the beauty of nature from a gloaming perspective.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Fireflies : Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Rajmachi is a fort in Karjat region which has a historical significance. There are two forts which were built by Shivaji Emperor during 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat(ghat between Mumbai and Pune) which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures – the Shrivardhan fort and Manoranjan fort. Rajmachi can be hiked via 2 ways, the tough route from Kondivate village near Karjat and the other easy but long way route from Lonavala. In rainy season this place is filled with giant waterfalls and greenery.
- Travel from Lonavala to Lonavala
- Saturday Dinner
- Camping, Tented Accommodation
- Sunday breakfast and refreshments
- First Aid kit
- Wild Rangers Expertise
- Travel Fare from Mumbai / Pune to Lonavala
- Lunch For Sunday
- Anything Which is not Mentioned in inclusion
Saturday, 10 June 2017- Gathering at Lonavala station by 17.30 Hrs
- Proceed to Base Village by Private Vehicle, Reach base village. Tent pitching activity by Participants. Check in to Tents, Have Dinner (Home-Food). Explore Surrounding to Enjoy fireflies & capture moments.
- Have Fun & Games after exploration & retire for day in tents.
Sunday, 11 June 2017 -Ascend Shrivardhan Fort & Return Journey
- Wakeup call, Get Refreshed, have breakfast & proceed to Shrivardhan fort. Explore fort & return to base village.
- Start Our Return Journey to Lonavala by 12.00 Hrs
- Reach Lonavala by 13.30 Hrs, Group Breaks
- Identity Proof (must)
- Sleeping Bag or Bedding
- Torch with Extra Battery (must)
- Water 3 ltr (must)
- Glucose / Tang / Electrol Powder (must)
- Ready to eat food (Biscuits ,Plum cakes etc.)
- Good Trekking shoes.
- Extra Pair of clothes
- Medicines if you are taking any.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Haversack to put all your stuff
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Mayur Phadale
A/C Number: – 643801505651
IFSC Code: – ICIC0006438
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Mayur (Pune) :- 8080304123
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825