|| Dec 09 – 2018 || – Wild Rangers trek to Kalsubai
May be yes..May be no. May be Rain…May be Snow. The show must go on. “Kalsubai” have that mightiness to test your patience of keep moving.A must tick off trek for every trekker.ladders leads you to the gateway of heaven , remains nothing behind but a lifetime memories to cheer of accomplishing Everest of state Maharashtra.
Be a Ranger ! Go Wild !! Go Green !!!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Kalsubai temple is located at the top most peak of Sahyadri mountain range of Maharashtra. To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara.
The main route to the temple is at small climbing slope. It usually takes three hours to reach the top from Bari. Soon after leaving Bari, a small stream is crossed followed soon after by a Hanuman temple. The route from behind this temple takes the hiker straight to the summit. There are three iron ladders along this route. There is a well near the last iron ladder as one approaches the top but the water is not potable during the summer. The rest of the route is without water, so it is best to fill water bottles in Bari. It is an easy hike, but parts of it are quite steep in places. The vastly spread out backwaters of Bhandardara attracts ones attention from the top.
To the north of the mountain range forts such as Ramsej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, Kavnai can be seen. To the east one can spot Aundha, Vishramgad, Bitangad, to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar, Harishchandragad can be seen. (Source-WiKi)
- Private Transport Kasara To Kasara
- 1 Breakfast – 1 Lunch
- Wild Rangers administrative charges
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
Saturday, 8 Dec2018- Leave for Base Village
- Everyone should take a Train to Kasara on saturday evening which is departing at 10.50 pm from CSMT. (kindly check with M indicator for further timings about nearest station from your place)
Sunday, 9 Dec 2018- Conquer Highest Peak of Maharashtra
- Meet WIld Rangers Team at Kasara At 01:30 am
- 03.30 am Reach Base village, have some rest
- 06.30 am breakfast and refreshments – start the trek to the highest peak of Maharashta. Explore Surrounding.
- 10.00 am reach at top
- Spend some time on top & Start to descend,
- 12.00 pm Reach base village .changing & lunch (VEG)
- Post lunch start return journey towards kasara
- Reach Kasara 03:30 pm (Subjective)
A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
Extra Pair of clothes,
extra pair of shoes or floaters if possible
A haversack to put all these things
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
- Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825