|| 09-10 June 2018 || Wild Rangers Fireflies Special Trek to Kondane Caves
Looking for a escape in the coming weekend ?? Sahyadri always has an answer. As the summer ends and monsoon knock our door, a beautiful phenomena takes places in nature. It the perfect time to witness synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies which sparkle and shine to emit a glow as their mating ritual. These tiny creatures give a spectacular touch to your weekend. The sight is worth capturing in your DSLR. A camping worth to end the summer vacations for your kids !! Witness this wonderful aspect of nature along with your family & friends at a popular destination for nature lovers & trekkers with lush green forests and meadows !!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Fireflies : Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
About four miles from the Karjat station, on the Great Indian Peninsula Railway, and at the base of the old hill fort of Rajmachi, is the Kondane group of caves.They are in the face of a steep scarp, and quite hidden from view by the thick forest in front of them. Water trickles down over the face of the rock above them during a considerable part even of the dry season, and has greatly injured them. So much so indeed that it is now difficult to determine whether they or the caves at Bhaja Caves are the earliest. The Vihara at Kondane certainly looks more modern, while the Chaitya, which is very similar in plan and dimensions to that at Bhaja.
- Local Transport from Karjat to Karjat
- Saturday: evening tea & biscuits, dinner. Sunday breakfast
- Triple Sharing Tented Accommodation/ Home stay
- Wild Rangers Expertise Charges
- Travel expense Mumbai to Karjat.
- Any sort of personal expense.
- Mineral water.
- Anything which is not included
Saturday, 09 June 2018- Gathering at Karjat Railway station by 18.00 Hrs
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch CST-Karjat Fast Local @ 15.53 hrs
|| 15.53 Mumbai CST || 16.00 Byculla || 16.04 Dadar || 16.13 Kurla || 16.17 Ghatkopar || 16.28 Mulund || 16.32 Thane ||16.45 Dombivali || 16.53 Kalyan || 17.12 Badlapur || 17.45 Karjat17:50 Hrs Gathering at Karjat Station. Proceed towards Kondivate
- 19.00 Hrs Reach Kondivate & Sip in a hot cup of tea.
- 19.30 Hrs Start trek to Kondane Caves to spot fireflies.
- 22.30 Hrs Relish the local cuisine
- 23.30 Hrs Share your travel experiences with the group along the campfire
Sunday, 10 June 2018
- 06:30 Hrs Wakeup call and freshen up
- 07:30 Hrs Have breakfast
- 08:15 Hrs Start return journey to Karjat Station
- 09:15 Hrs Reach Karjat Station. Board the 09.45 hrs local for CST
- Identity card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Bedding for night
- Electrol or Glucon D powder
- Plum cakes & chocolate
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Hand sanitizer
- Good Torch (must)
- Mosquito repellent
- Haversack or Backpack (Sling bags not allowed)
- Extra pair of clothes
- Personal medication (if any)
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Address of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Pallavi Dhanawade
A/C Number: – 911010044825634
IFSC Code: – UTIB0000124
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – Axis Bank, Dadar (East)
Roshan:- 9028271859 | 8007857825