|| 07 Oct 2018 || – Wild Ranger’s Sonki Special Trek to Bhairavgad (shirpunje) via Ghanchakkar
Western ghats …UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE Which is also known as a one of the eight hottest spot in the world For its Natural beauty, history and biological diversity. most of the time people have heard / experienced about the toughest side of it of being rigid, seasoned basalt rock, waterfalls and breathtaking climbing and trekking spots. But hold on many of us sometimes forget to see its softer heart which is a another tempting creation of nature with 7402 species of flowers over this toughest range.
Blooming season is here. Sahyadri is all set to bloom in new colour. Let’s join us for this short Range trek on third highest peak of Sahyadri and be the part of this nature trail.
Be a Ranger ! Go wild !! Go Green !!!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Third Highest peak of sahyadri surrounded with katrabai top , harishchandragad & ratangad range.
Bhairavgad is believed to be ancient and almost 2500 years old. It has few ruins and remains at top. two big caves on the top are there . one cave is a shrine of Lord Bhairavnath and another cave is used for residence purpose for trekkers and visitors There are many water tanks on the top but only one tank is having water suitable for drinking The idol in cave is very good carved, painted and this shrine is well maintained by the villagers of Shirpunje.
- Packed Lunch
- Transport from Kasara to Base village and return
- Wild Rangers administrative fees
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Local train fare up to Kasara & back
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
Saturday,6 Oct 2018 - Leaving for Bhairavgad
Board the Kasara Train leaving Mumbai CST @ 22:50 Hrs, and reaches following station at given time below
Byculla 22:57 |Dadar 23:05 | Kurla 23:13 |Ghatkopar23:17 | Mulund 23:30 |Thane 23:34 |Dombivili 23:57| Kalyan 00:07| Kasara 01:18
Sunday,7 Oct 2018 - Trek To Bhairavgad Via Ghanchakkar
- 01:30 am Gather at Kasara Railway Station
- Proceed To Base Village
- 05:00 reach at Base village
- Get Freshen up & breakfast
- 06:30 start trek towards Ghanchakkar
- 10:30 am Reach Top & explore the surroundings
- Post Lunch head towards bhairavgad
- Reach Bhairavgad 01:00pm
- start descending Towards base village
- 03:00 pm reach base village
- Travel Back to kasara
- Reach kasara 07:30 pm (subjective)
- A Water Bottle (~3 Ltrs),
- Ready to eat food For Saturday.
- Torch with Extra Battery (Compulsory)
- Dish, Tea Mug & Spoon (Compulsory)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Mug (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
- First Aid Kit (compulsory )
- Extra Pair of clothes, Good trekking shoes
- A haversack to put all these things.
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825