|| 02-03 June 2018 || Wild Rangers Fireflies Special Camping at Bhandardara
Before the summer ends and monsoon knock our door, a beautiful phenomena takes places in nature. It the perfect time to witness synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies which sparkle and shine to emit a glow as their mating ritual. These tiny creatures give a spectacular touch to your summer camping. A camping worth to end the summer vacations for your kids !! The sight is worth capturing in your DSLR. Witness this wonderful aspect of nature along with your family & friends as you camp at the lake side.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Fireflies : Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Bhandardara is a holiday resort village near Igatpuri, in the western ghats of India. The village is located in the Tehsil Akole Ahmednagar district of the state of Maharashtra. Bhandardara sits by the Pravara River, and the natural environment, waterfalls, mountains, Wilson dam, Arthur lake and Randha falls are tourist attractions. Bhandardara attractions include Wilson Dam and Arthur Lake. The recent attraction in this place is Fireflies camps. There are a number of historic and natural places of interest near the dam. From Bhandardara, we can witness Ratangad , Harishchandragad, Mount Kalsubai and the toughest trio-forts in Sahydri namely Alang Fort, Madangad fort and Kulang ( also called A-M-K) located on the southern side. A very narrow Sandhan valley is on the Western side of the dam.
- Local Transport from Kasara to Kasara
- Saturday: lunch(veg), evening tea & biscuits, dinner (veg/non veg) & Sunday breakfast
- Triple Sharing Tented Accommodation
- Wild Rangers Expertise Charges
- Travel expense Mumbai to Kasara.
- Any sort of personal expense.
- Mineral water.
- Anything which is not included
Saturday, 02 June 2018- Gathering at Kasara Railway station by 12.00 Hrs
Train Time Table for Saturday
Catch CST-Kasara Fast Local @ 09.41 am
|| 09.41 am Mumbai CST || 09.48 am Byculla || 09.54 am Dadar || 10:01 am Kurla || 10:05 am Ghatkopar || 10:17 am Mulund || 10:21 am Thane || 10.35 am Dombivali || 10:43 am Kalyan || 11.54 am Kasara
- 12:00 Hrs Gathering at Kasara Station. Proceed towards Bhandardara
- 14.00 Hrs Reach Bhandardara. Settle down for Lunch (Veg)
- 15.00 Hrs Tent allocation
- 16:00 Hrs Enjoy the lakeside view with boating, stroll around as u utilise your photography skills
- 18.30 Hrs Sip your cup of tea by the lakeside and enjoy group activities.
- 21.00 Hrs Dinner (Veg / Non veg Option available).
- 22.00 Hrs Witness the twinkling Fireflies
- 23.00 Hrs Retire for the day
Sunday, 03 June 2018
- 07:00 Hrs Wakeup call and freshen up
- 07:30 Hrs Have breakfast
- 08:00 Hrs Start return journey to Kasara Station
- 10:00 Hrs Reach Kasara Station. Board the local for CST
- Identity card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Bedding for night
- Electrol or Glucon D powder
- Plum cakes & chocolate
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Hand sanitizer
- Good Torch (must)
- Mosquito repellent
- Haversack or Backpack (Sling bags not allowed)
- Extra pair of clothes
- Personal medication (if any)
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Address of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name: – Pallavi Dhanawade
A/C Number: – 911010044825634
IFSC Code: – UTIB0000124
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – Axis Bank, Dadar (East)
Roshan:- 9028271859 | 8007857825