|| 01 – 02 June 2019 || Fireflies special Night Trek To Ratangad-Jewel Fort
A gem of sahyadri Situated in a dense jungle which is also known as a jewel of sahyadri have been all time favourite trekking destination for adventure lovers.NEDHE (natural rock cut Eye hole shape) of Ratangad is is like snipping eye of Ranges like Ajoba gad, Harishchandra Gad, ,Katrabai,Kalsubai ,Sandhan Valley, and various sahyadri mountains with a pride and keeping eye on mighty sahyadri. Due to situated near higher ranges of sahyadri mountains of this range allows pre-monsoon clouds to settle down a bit int which results in cool breeze. and dense jungle of this era fascinates the tiny blinking fireflies to attract each other by illuminating light for meting. This tiny fireflies glitters out the historical jewel fort of Maharashtra in this season. lets get Ready to experience this magical blinking journey which will lead you towards the mesmerising sunrise view amongst pre-monsoon clouds and remains another memorable blinking chapter of sahyadri hiking diaries of you
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Ratangad, an old fort, belonging to the great Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, is a big attraction for trekkers because of the adventure and the thrill to reach the fort. The route to the fort is through a dense forest and considerably high mountainous terrain. The fort is located at 4255 ft above sea and stepping ston is surrounded by the highes prakat of Alang, Madan, Kulang, Ajoba, Katarabai, Kalsubai and Ghanchakkar. From the base village one can see the hole at the top of the mountain called Nedhe (marathi translation ‘Eye of the Needle’), the pinnacle called ‘Kutha’ on the right and the caves on the left end of the mountain which can be seen only with the help of binoculars.
As the name speaks, Ratanad is described as “Jewel Fort of Sahayadri”. It gets the name as it is origin for the river “Amrutvahini”. Located in the district of Ahmednagar, it stands tall to 4255 feet above mean sea level. The fort is about 2000 years old and is situated at banks of Bhandardara lake.
The main attraction of this fort is “Amurteshwar temple” which falls into “Hemadpant Era” (way back to eighth century ). It truly defines the ancient sculpture of our great ancestors due to it’s carving.
- Private Transport Kasara to Kasara
- Saturday Dinner , Sunday Breakfast , Sunday Lunch ( all meals Veg)
- Wild Rangers Expertise
- Anything which is not mentioned above.
- Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
- mineral water / cold drink or any personal expenses.
Saturday, 01June 2019- Leave for Ratanwadi
- 07:30 Pm. Gathering at Kasara Railway Station Near Ticket Counter . (Take a Train To kasara which depart from CSMT at 04:42 pm)
- Proceed to Base village.
- 11:00 pm Reach at Ratanwadi and have our Dinner.
Sunday 2 June 2019- Night Trek To Ratangad
- 12:30 am .Post dinner start Trekking to Ratangad
- witness fireflies in dense jungle.
- 03:00 am Reach at Ratangad Cave.
- Have a Rest in the cave.
- 05:30 am wake up call/ Bearkfast
- 06 :00 am explore the fort/move to ratangad top for sunrise/ visit NEDHE of ratangad.
- Enjoy the view from top
- 08:00 am start our descending via tryambak Darwaja towards Samrad village.
- 11:00 am Reach at Samrad
- Freshen up and have a lunch
- 12:30 pm start our return journey to Kasara
- Reach kasara appx 03:00 pm
- A Water Bottle (4 Ltrs)
- Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, fruits etc.
- Hydration boosters like Tang/ electrol etc.
- Personal medicines if you are taking any / first aid kit
- Extra Pair of clothes,
- Sleeping bags/mats/ chaddar or blanket
- A haversack to put all these things
- rain cover/raincoat (for safety in case rains)
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.
- Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825
- Sujit (MUmbai ) :- 9082688234
- Archis (Mumbai ) :- 9821804083